Paperback guide written by Phil Farrand and published by Titan Books in 1994 - ISBN 1-85286-587-3. This guide covers Star Trek The Original Series - including the original pilot The Cage - and the first six movies - Star Trek The Motion Picture to Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. The chapters categorise the errors as listed below.
These descriptions apply to both the episodes and the films.
- Plot Oversights - Anything that concerns the plot, or won't fit anywhere else.
- Changed Premises - Information given in one show which directly contradicts information from another.
- Equipment Oddities - Technical problems with the machinery of the Trek universe.
- Continuity and Production Problems - Errors in the actual creation of the show.
These only apply to the episodes.
- Syndication Cuts - Cuts made for syndication, where applicable, resulting in syndicated episodes differing from the network versions.
- Closing Titles - Shots used as the background for the closing credits at the end of the episodeBooks